A Wonderful Life Show Notes

AWL Show Notes

Internet TV Channel Show Notes

Our Pets and God: Muffin's Inspiring Tale Show Notes

Attention: open in a new window. PDFPrintE-mail

Show Notes from A Wonderful Life - AWL Show Notes

DVD: # 116117

Purchase DVD of this show

Does God really care about our pets? Is it alright to pray for them? Is it alright to spend money on them? Do they really matter to God?


Sharon and 15 year old Muffin after recording the TV show.

According to the American Veterinary Medical Association, more than 57% of U.S. households own one or more animals.

An article in "Newsweek" states that pets are good for your health, as long as you're not allergic to them. Depending on the type of pet you have, they can offer:

  • Companionship
  • Unconditional love
  • Reduce stress
  • Reduce blood pressure
  • Increase longevity in those who've had heart attacks
  • Relax and improve the appetites of Alzheimer's patients
  • Increase exercise, especially by having to walk your pet
  • Helps owners to socialize instead of sitting around feeling sorry for themselves, which can help improve their mood.
  • Helps to prevent loneliness (Interestingly, 97% of pet owners say they talk to their pets. The other 3% lied.)
Motivational Minute:
Proverbs 12:10: "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal."

Muffin's Story

My eyes filled with tears as I watched our little dog pant and tremble from pain. We knew that she was in terrible distress, but we didn't know what it was! Ah, if only dogs could talk and point to their exact ache, we could help them much quicker! Muffin's bouts of anguish would last for hours at a time and then vanish as mysteriously as they would come. She would try to sleep, but her little body would uncontrollably tremble with pain. She couldn't get comfortable and I couldn't help. Something had to be done or we were going to lose her. With every hour she was in agony, I was beside her with tissues. We were two peas in a pod for sure!

After a couple of visits to a specialist with Muffin having only "good" moments in front of him which lead to no diagnosis, I decided to video tape her when she was in pain. Then, I took the video to the veterinarian and he immediately narrowed it to a couple of things. After blood work and tests, we found out that Muffin had a problem with a disk in her spine. Soon, she had a successful operation of cleaning out the disk in her neck by entering through her chin.


Muffin's Sutures

Now, to honor her 15th birthday, I wanted to share her inspiring tale with you and share some Scriptures with how God can also comfort you when you experience such traumatic times.


Muffin Feeling like her "old" self.

Below are some comforting verses from the Bible. For full explanation, feel free to view this television program.

Does God really care about our pets? Is it alright to pray for them? Is it alright to spend money on them? Do they really matter to God?

  • Proverbs 12:10 (see above)
  • Noah's Ark! God desired to save animals!
  • Matthew 11:28 Jesus speaking – "Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
  • God said come to me all you who are weary. He didn't say some to Him only when you are weary about a big catastrophe! He simply said come.
  • Matthew 10:29-31: "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid, you are worth more than many sparrows."
  • Psalm 18:6 "From His temple He heard my voice; my cry came before Him, into His ears."

Take Action:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

Music by:
Darren and Margy Hughes
Sharon Hinton Smith


Notes from A Wonderful Life with Sharon Hinton Smith show. © 2005 - 2018

You are invited to print and keep these notes for personal encouragement. www.sharonhintonsmith.com